Walker County has reported 420 total Positive Cases with 26 total Fatalities while the totals in the state are 47,784 with 1,336 Fatalities and – 27,570 Patients Recovered
As per TDCJ reports, The Strike Team oral swab testing of offenders and employees of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice is
moving quickly. As of Thursday May 14th, 2020 the 12 teams have completed 13,191 offender tests and 3,254 employee tests.
Testing is complete at the Pack, Sanchez, Middleton, Murray, Terrell, LeBlanc, and Lopez Units while testing continues or is underway at the Wynne, Clements, Ellis, Michael, Telford, Woodman, Robertson, Fort Stockton, Darrington, Stiles, Hughes, and Segovia Units.
Beginning Monday, May 18, 2020, Texas Military Department will begin focusing their efforts on testing nursing homes, assisted living facilities and long-term care facilities.
– businesses in office buildings can open immediately with no more than 10 employees or 25% of their staff – continue to social distance and wash hands
– childcare, boys & girls clubs and ymca’s can open immediately – practice safe practices
– May 22 restaurants can increase to 50% capacity
– May 22 bars and wineries, etc. can open at 25% capacity
– bowling allies can open at 25% capacity
– May 31 youth sport camps, little league, all summer camps, daytime and overnight camps can open along with professional sports with no in house spectators.
– Schools can have summer school beginning June 1 as long as they practice safe practices
Churches and places of worship should adhere to health protocols which can be accessed on the following site https://gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas Individuals should, to the extent possible, minimize in-person contact with others not in the individual’s household. Minimizing in-person contact includes maintaining 6 feet separation from individuals. When maintaining 6 feet separation is not feasible, other methods should be utilized to slow the spread of COVID-19, such as wearing a face covering or mask, washing or sanitizing hand frequently, and avoiding sharing utensils or other common objects.
Keep at least two empty seats (or six feet separation) between parties in any row, except as follows:
– Two or more members of the same household can sit adjacent to one another, with two seats (or six feet separation) empty on either side.
– Two individuals who are not members of the same household but who are attending together can sit adjacent to one another, with two seats (or six feet separation) empty on either side